Tonight we ate tacos with slow cookered mince, beans and lentils (1 kg beef mince browned in batches in the frypan with 2 chopped onions and a large dollop of cheat's garlic, a Tsp of coriander, a tsp of cumin and a smidgen of chilli, then chucked into the slow cooker with 2 cans budget chopped toms, a can of 4 bean mix, a couple of grated carrots and a sprinkle of salt, and left on auto for the work day), raw grated carrot, grated cheese, sliced cucumber, 1/3 of a tiny tomato each, tinned beetroot and steamed brocolli. It was consumed with gusto, apart from the broccolli which was grudgingly nibbled... It seems beetroot goes with everything!
Personally, I found it a little bland, but couldn't be bothered reaching for the chilli sauce.
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Thursday, June 18, 2009
- Beautiful crisp frosts, but ever so cold
- Broken car, but not the head gasket, so Millie survives to drive another day
- Awesome car-lending D who caught the bus to work for 2 days so I could drive the kids to creche in comfort
- Weird automatic car
- Warm fire, Idiot's cookies and Battlestar Galactica
- N feeding kids dinner on his nights now (an unexpected outcome of the Family Court counselling I believed was a waste of time)... and have used the time to go jogging twice (albeit in a pathetic staggering panting way)... 20 lamposts, then 26... in pairs with singles walked between... next week shooting for 30 in threes.
- Soup with smoked chicken stock and barley, pulses and pumpkin in the slow cooker, then carrot matchsticks and brocolli and assorted leaves from the garden in at the end... good contrast between the soupy broth and crisp and fresh veges... and the kids liked it too!
- Swimming with colleagues once or twice a fortnight
- Working harder on looking professional for work and getting some positive comments
- Haircut that I like
- Emotions that crash on me unexpectedly if I stop concentrating on positive, leaving me in the toilet at work with my head in my hands
- Weekly gaming keeping me sane... how do non-gamers escape?
- Kids sleeping better, so I am too, and both abed by 7:30 tonight, so 2 hours + to myself when the chores were done!
- Divorce goes uncontestable on Tuesday if N hasn't contested it yet, which I don't actually know. Still, it is done, and cannot be undone, just delayed...