Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Perpetual plague pit

At least one person in our household has been on antibiotics for a chest infection at any given time for the last month or so. At the moment it is my turn and T's... and I forgot to tell the doc I am still breastfeeding, so have been given doxycyclin which can affect bone and tooth development in nursing infants... going back to the doctor tomorrow to get my dodgy-mole-removal-stitches out and will make sure I take my drugs after I feed T tonight and in the morning and ask if I should change meds tomorrow...

Still nothing definite on the long-term contract front, but will probably now be extended until Christmas... who'd be a scientist?

And of course, the weather totally sucks, here too... the power keeps flickering and one of my colleagues is stuck at home because road from Tokomaru is closed and wind was lifting the roof of the school...

Still and all, the early magnolias are flowering, I have seen blossom and early-cheer and even the odd brave daffodil, so spring is coming... And I have more peptides in my samples now than LC-MS-MS can resolve, and another iteration of troubleshooting left to come... so may yet get the resolution I actually need for my project...

No comments: